photo by Joi, some rights reserved
Asian Style Chicken Noodle Salad
adapted from Tossed by Jane Lawson
serves 4 – 6
250g bean vermicelli noodles
1 tablespoon rice bran oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
2cm piece ginger
1 fresh red chilli
1 tablespoon laksa paste (optional)
6 free range chicken thighs (minced in thermomix for 20 seconds on speed 6) or 500g free range chicken mince
juice 2 limes
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon chilli sauce
1 cucumber, diced
1/8 Chinese cabbage, finely shredded
1 red capsicum, diced
2 spring onions, finely sliced
3 tablespoons chopped coriander
- Cover noodles in boiling water and leave to stand for 5 minutes or until softened. Drain and cut with scissors into short pieces. Set aside.
- In a frypan, heat oil and saute garlic, chilli, ginger and laksa paste for 2 minutes. Or, cut in a thermomix for 7 seconds on speed 8 and saute at 100 degrees for 2 minutes on soft speed.
- Add chicken to frypan and saute until browned. Or add to thermomix and saute at 100 degrees for 5 minutes
- Add lime juice, fish sauce and chilli sauce. Saute for another minute.
- Toss chicken mixture through noodles and leave to cool.
- Toss cucumber, cabbage, capsicum, spring onions and coriander through and serve.