Yes, yes, once again I’m adapting from Adam Liaw’s Two Asian Kitchens to the thermomix. Any guesses what my favourite cook book du jour is? Little wonder, Liaw has harnessed most of my favourite flavours in one book and the majority of the recipes are quite time efficient, even more so once I convert them to the thermomix.
Steamed flathead and vegetables is on the menu at Chez KP this week, I thought this curd could give it a glorious kick.
Mandarin and Chilli Curd.
Makes about 2 cups.
200g unsalted butter, chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons pickled chillies or any bottled chopped chillies
1. Peel zest from fruit in strips and place in thermomix. Chop for 3 – 5 seconds on speed 9, scraping down the sides if necessary.
2. With lid on and the measuring cup in place, upside down, squeeze juice from fruit into thermomix bowl. Should yield between 170 and 220ml of juice.
3. Add egg, yolks and butter. Cook at 8 degrees for 2 minutes on speed 3.
4. Whisk on speed 4 for approximately 15 – 20 minutes to allow to cool.
5. Gently stir in chillies
6. Pour into sterilised jar and store in fridge until required. Use within 3 weeks.