The end of spring in Melbourne has been scorchingly hot. Which I am absolutely relishing. I love both the warmth and the complete transformation of our meals into the wonderful world of salads. We’ve had this one twice since I first threw it together a week ago, the second time with the addition of some sliced har boiled eggs. Either way, it’s a complete meal and thoroughly enjoyable. Even the Ankle Biters ate every last little bite.
I steamed the vegetables in the thermomix and will include instructions accordingly. If you are not a thermomix user, just lightly steam the vegetables over the stove top as you usually would.
Grilled Trout and Steamed Vegetable Salad
200g snap peas, trimmed
1 zucchini, finely sliced
1/2kg broad beans
1/2 head broccoli, cut into florets
2 trout fillets
1/2 cup macadamia oil
1/4 cup white wine and tarragon vinegar
1 finely chopped garlic shoot
- Place prepared vegetables in thermomix basket. Add 1 lite of water to bowl and steam at 100 degrees for 10 minutes on speed 4.
- Remove from basket and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Lightly grill trout fillets until just cooked through. Slice.
- Crumble feta and toss through vegetables. Top with trout slices
- Combine all dressing ingredients, dress salad and allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.