A while back I compiled a document full of slow cooker recipes from a variety of sources. Unfortunately, I didn’t note the original sources. Which was not very bright of me. I think they largely came from cooking forums. Tonight’s meal was an adaptation of one of those recipes and it is absolutely superb. We will definitely be having this one again. I prepared this yesterday and left it in the fridge overnight.
Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
1 tsp garam masala
2 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp chili powder
2 tablespoons tandoori spice
1 chicken, jointed
1 tsp rice bran oil
1/8 cup butter, melted
2 cm piece ginger
4 cloves garlic
1/2 cup raw cashew nuts
3/4 cup vegetable or chicken stock
140g tomato paste
3/4 cup yogurt
1/4 cup cream
1. Dry roast spice until aromatic in thermomix (2 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 1), or in a frypan. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. Place onion, ginger and garlic to thermomix or food processor and grind to a paste (approx 30 seconds on speed 6 in thermomix).
3. Heat oil in a fry pan and sear chicken on both sides. Place in the slow cooker.
4. Add butter, the toasted spice, cashews, onion paste, stock, tomato paste, yoghurt and cream. Stir to combine.
5. Cook for 6 – 8 hours on low. Serve on rice.
I also whipped up a chocolate ganache filled brioche from Artisan Bread in Five Minutes. I’m going to have to work very hard at gym this week.