I’m not entirely sure that calling this a salad is the right thing to do. I will though, for want of a better idea. Salad being a concept that has been on my mind today. My original plan was to have grlic calamari and prawns with a green salad. Then I discovered shortly before dinner time that I was bereft of green salad ingredients. So I was forced to improvise with what I had. This was born of a memory of a capsicum dish my mother-in-law made many years ago for my brother-in-law’s engagement party.
Capsicum, Eggplant and Zucchini Salad
1 eggplant, sliced lengthways
1 zucchini, sliced lengthways
1 red capsicum, cored
1 green capsicum, cored
3 cloves garlic
1 tin tomatoes with sliced olives
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Chargrill vegetables until browned and remove skins from capsicum. Cut vegetables into bite sized chunks.
- Place vegetables in baking dish and sprinle with a little more olive oil. Crush and peel garlic and scatter over top along with anchovies. To with tomatoes
- Bake until liquid has reduced into a thick sauce (about 45 minutes).
- Can be served hot or cold but best at room temperature.