Delicious little morsels, perfect for finger food or piling into lunch boxes. Very bento friendly.
Just in case you were wondering, the recent lack of photos is a gesture of disgust at the hideous lighting in my hideous house. Photography will resume when the house has been demolished. Which will happen soon should the universe care for my sanity.
Sticky Rice Lunch Bites
2 teaspoons tamarind concentrate
1 cup glutinous rice
2 teaspoons tumeric
1 teaspoon grated ginger
3/4 cup cocnut milk
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon grated lime zest
1 red chilli, seeded and chopped finley
200g dried Chinese pork, finely sliced
hoisin sauce to serve
- Place rice in a bowl with tamarind and turmeric and cover with cold water. Soak overnight. Or do it in the morning for cooking in the evening. Or something like that. Soak it for 8 hours or more.
- Drain rice and spread over varoma tray (or whatever you steam in)
- Put 1 litre of water into thermomix. Steam for 40 minutes on varoma temperature at speed 4.
- Place rice in a bowl and stir in all remaining ingredients (except hoisin sauce)
- Line a 20cm square or similarly sized rectangle baking pan with baking paper. Spread rice over evenly and refrigerate until set. About 2 hours should do the trick. Cut into squares and serve with hoisin sauce for dipping. Or dab a little on the top of each square to make it pretty if serving as finger food.