This afternoon, I discovered a glut of pears needing to be used in the fruit bowl. I also needed an after school, pre-swimming snack for tomorrow. That is how this pear slice was born. It would be easy enough to make without the thermomix, just soften the butter first for easy reaming with the sugar and then do the rest of the mixing my hand.
1 cup muscovado
2½ cups self-raising flour
½ cup oats
¼ cup oat bran
1/3 cup yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 180°
- Place butter and sugar in thermomix and cream for 10 – 15 seconds turning speed up to speed 7.
- Add flour, oats, oat bran and eggs. Mix for 20 seconds on speed 5, using spatula to help incorporate ingredients.
- Spoon half the mixture into a square silicon pan (or greased slice tin), smoothing the top and pressing into the corners. It may be a little crumbly, this is fine.
- Quarter the pears, cut out the core and roughly chop over the pan. Scatter pieces evenly.
- Add yoghurt to the remaining mixture and mix for 10 – 15 seconds on speed 8. Spread over the top of the pears.
- Bake for 40 minutes until golden brown