Being Sunday, it’s First Born’s turn to cook. Tonight, he has whipped up a broad bean and feta risotto in the thermomix. I can’t say it often enough, the thermomix is absolutely brilliant for teaching children to cook.
The risotto was fantastic and First Born was very proud of himself. As well he should be. He also demanded that I blog the recipe. So I shall.
Broad Bean and Feta Risotto
1 onion, peeled and quartered
30g olive oil
250g arborio rice
80ml white wine
1 tablespoon stock concentrate or 1 stock cube
1kg broad beans, podded, boiled and skinned (weighed before podding)
150g crumbled feta cheese
1 dollop cream
cracked black pepper to serve
- Place onion in thermomix and chop for 3 seconds on speed 5
- Add butter and oil and saute for 2 minutes at 100 degrees on speed 1
- Add rice and saute for 2 minutes at 100 degrees on reverse speed 1
- Add wine and cook for 1 minute at 100 degrees on reverse speed 1
- Add water and stock and cook for 15 minutes at 100 degrees on reverse speed 1
- Place in an insulated bowl and stir through broad beans, feta and cream. Place lid on and allow to sit for 3 – 5 minutes so all the liquid can be absorbed.
- Serve with cracked black pepper.