It seems I am still somewhat discombobulated. It didn’t occur to me until I received a late agenda that I had a kinder committee meeting last night. Pretty silly of me considering it was clearly written on the calendar. Furthermore, I had no idea at all that it was my turn to bring food.
A quick check of the pantry and the garden saved the day. I whipped up a batch of hommus in the thermomix as well as a broad bean and feta dip. Some Sardinian parchment bread completed my offerings.
photo by 46137, some rights reserved
Broad Bean and Feta Dip
2 cups shelled broad beans
1 tablespoon chopped mint
2 tablespoons lemon juice
150 mls olive oil
50g Danish feta
- Cook broad beans until tender in boiling water. Cool and peel outer skin.
- Add all ingredients to thermomix or food processor and blend until mostly smooth (15 seconds on speed 4)
Sardinian Parchment Bread
from World Breads by Paul Gayler
2 cups bread flour
1 cup semolina
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees
- Combine all ingredients to form a soft dough. Knead for about 2 minutes
- Divide into 24 evenly sized balls. Roll out as thinly as possible.
- Place each piece on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 3 – 4 minutes per side or until each side is golden.