This is pure gold. Everyone at Chez KP scoffed this down in a matter of moments. Even after I told them what it was and where it comes from. They’re not offal eaters as a rule. I served it with a green salad on the side. Allow plenty of time for simmering (I did this step the day before).
So without further ado…
Crispy Salt & Vinegar Tripe
1 cup flour
cracked black pepper
oil for deep frying
- Place tripe and bay leaf in gently simmering water. Simmer for around 2 hours until very tender.
- Pat dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Heat oil in wok until it reaches about 3 cm deep
- Generously salt and pepper the flour and mix well to combine
- Coat the trip in flour and deep fry in batches until golden brown.
- Drain and serve with vinegar of choice as a dipping sauce.