Due to extreme tiredness, a backlog of knitting for the school fete and a half written emergency plan for the kinder, this week’s post contains a side dish only. But what a side dish it was! A thermomix modification of a classic Spanish tapas dish, which was served with Portuguese steak and Portuguese fried potatoes.
Judias Verdes con Salsa de Tomate – French beans in tomato sauce
500g French beans, trimmed
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, peeled and quartered
2 cloves garlic, peeled
4 medium tomatoes
1 tablespoon muscovado
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Place onion and garlic in thermomix and chop for 5 – 10 seconds on speed 6. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil and saute for 3 minutes at 100 degrees on speed 1.
- Add tomatoes and chop for 5 seconds on speed 6.
- Add muscovado, seasoning and parsley.
- Place steamer basket in thermomix and place beans in side.
- Cook at 100 degrees on speed 1 for 8 minutes.
- Place beans in serving dish and top with tomato sauce