Here is a quick and healthy meal to cheer your tastebuds. All cooked in the thermomix with the help of the varoma. Of course, without a thermomix, the same could be achieved with a saucepan and steamer.
Steamed Fish with Tamarind & Ginger Sauce
4 small whole fish or 4 fillets, any firm white fish will do
a selection of vegetables for steaming
3 cloves garlic, peeled
2cm piece ginger, peeled
1 tablespoon rice bran oil
6 spring onions, finely chopped
1 teaspoon pickled chillies (or sliced fresh chilies)
1 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons tamarind concentrate
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon water
1. Place rice in basket and put inside thermomix. Lightly brush varoma try with oil and place fish on top. Cook on varoma temperature for 16 minutes on speed 4. With 3 minutes to go, add vegetables to varoma.
2. Remove rice and place in insulated dish. Remove varoma from thermomix.
3. Place garlic and ginger in thermomix, chop for 10 seconds on speed 9 and scrape down sides. Add oil and cook for 2 minutes at 100 degrees on speed 1.
4. Add all other sauce ingredients and cook for 3 minutes on speed 3 at 100 degrees.
5. Serve fish and vegetables on top of rice and spoon sauce over the top.