Salad Fever continues at Chez KP with ongoing inspiration from ‘Tossed‘.
Warm potato and sausage salad
8 small potatoes, unpeeled
6 sausages (I used Cornish, spicy would work well too)
300g semi dried cherry tomatoes
1 head garlic, cloves separated but unpeeled
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
2 tablespoons tarragon white wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Place potatoes and garlic in a baking dish and bake for 20 – 30 minutes until potatoes are just tender.
- Remove potatoes from pan, squash gently with potato masher until slightly flattened and skins burst.
- Return to baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for another 15 – 20 minutes until cooked through and crispy golden.
- Meanwhile, cut sausages into chunks and cook in a frypan.
- Assemble rocket and tomatoes in a salad bowl. Toss sausage and potato through. Dress to serve
To make dressing:
- Squeeze flesh of garlic out of skins.
- Combine garlic flesh and all other ingredients in a jar and shake until thoroughly combined.